Thursday, October 13, 2005

Ari's Family Blog

I've been really getting excited about blogging. I didn't think that I could get into it before. I thought I'd never get around to it. I keep thinking of things throughout the day though that I would love to write down and share with people. Especially about my baby girls! Today Boo was dancing in front of the mirror in our bedroom. She didn't realize that I was watching her. She folded her arms in front of her and then was jumping up and down and saying something like "whoa!" It was very cute.

Lu Lu is so smiley now. It is so much fun and very rewarding to strike up a smiling and cooing coversation with her. She also likes to coo at her "checkerboard" and "bullseye" that we have next to her changing table and her bed. David printed out infant stimulation pictures of black and white designs just like he did for Boo when she was tiny. Lu Lu's 2 month Dr. appt is on Monday, and I can't wait to see how much she officially weighs. She is getting quite the chubbs!

Lu Lu definitely likes to be held and paid attention to. We think it's a little more than Boo was. There is just so much going on at our house now that we have two little ones, that we seem to always have someone who needs attention. I'm sure all you parents can relate. We are just still getting used to it though. It is really fun to see Boo and Lu Lu interact. Right now it consists of Boo getting up close to Lu Lu's face and jammering something, and Lu Lu smiling back. Very cute. It gives me images in my mind of what it will be like when they can talk and play together. I am looking forward to them being friends. I hope I can do everything I can for them to encourage that.

What a blessing siblings are! I didn't appreciate them as much when we were kids, but now I place great value on them. Each of us is unicque, but we all have the common thread of family and that means so much. And that we grew up together and have so many shared memories. Now I know what Mom always meant when she said that we needed to take care of each other because someday we would be grown ups and we would know each other most of our lives as adults. She encouraged us to be thankful for each other, and how special it was to have siblings. She was right!

Okay, well I got off on a tangent (sp?). I really ought to sleep since it is the time when my babies are sleeping. I'm always torn between sleep and doing something quiet and interesting when the girls are sleeping.

I hope I can learn to post pictues here soon. I think it would be really fun to have one place where everyone can go to and view our family and kid pictures.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I know what you mean about wanting your children to be friends. I think you are doing a great job, just that you have that desire. I think your best teaching skill is the peer example that they see between you and David, if they see arguing and disrespect than they will express those things by default to oneanother. I know they don't see those things and the verbal encouragement you give them will just lead them all the more! Bless you Ari, you're a great mom!