Today has been a fun day. We went to David's work and took pictures of all the kids in their costumes. Then we went out to lunch with Chris, Jenni and their boys at MacDonalds. Boo had a fun time in the play area. She hadn't ever been on them before, maybe once when she was a lot littler (is that a word?). She climed up further than David thought she would and he had to go get her down. Wow, I think we have a little adventurer on our hands.
I did some shopping with just me and the girls today also. I can't believe it 'cause I thought the day wouldn't come in this lifetime that I would go into a store alone with more than one child. I know that's unrealistic, but I was not looking forward to what the outcome would be! But it was great! Boo played with stuff that I put into the cart and Lu Lu just looked around at stuff from her little nest in the carseat inside the cart basket. I even did a little Christmas shopping! Of course it really helped that I had a little package of M&Ms. Boo would ask for a "cookie" and I just kept giving them to her in intervals. It carried us through the whole store on one small "fun size" package.
We had some trick or treaters come by. Actually three different groups. Our friends and their two kids, some kids from somewhere that we didn't know, and our nephew, David's brother and his wife. We had some good time visiting. And then my sister Amelia and I had some "Take 5" bars and watched 7th Heaven. Man are take 5's good! A little too good.
1 comment:
That is awesome! We all need those victories to know that we can do it! I am capable of shopping with all my children and not having a nervous breakdown! (I just discovered that Aidan was spraying tilex all over the piano and TV/DVD player!)
Post a Comment