Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Imitation is the best form...

It was so sweet tonight. I was giving Lucy her "baba" and Ellie was giving her baby one too. I was sitting in the rocking chair in their room and Ellie was across from me on her bed, doing everything I was doing. She crossed her legs, looking at me, and said "how do this?" in regards to actually feeding the baby the bottle. Then when we finished, I showed her how I burp her sister and she did the same with her baby, patting and rubbing her back.

Ahh, how sweet. It's nice to be so in love with your kids after all of the random meltdowns they have. I'm sure Ellie's meltdowns aren't random to her, but they seem to totally catch me off-guard sometimes, leaving me dumbfounded. I usually think, "this is not a good time!" And knowing me, I'd probably like to just schedule a few in to get them over with. I'm not really a surprise person! Kids sure do give you lessons on how to deal with life as it comes though. That's one thing I love about being a mom; you develop such good skills and knowledge, just by living day to day with your children. It is a real accomplishment to say "I'm a mom." It's something that I never could have experienced before my first child was born.

No comments: