Thursday, January 17, 2008

Chicken Broccoli Curry

I'm going to be adding this recipe to the recipe contest next week. That is unless I'm having a baby, or just had one! This is one of my favorite meals to make and eat. I love that it can feed us for two nights. My family loves this and Ellie and Lucy just gobble it up!
Prepare
3-4 Chicken Breasts, cooked and cubed or shredded (the oven is my favorite place for this; very hands off!)
6 cups bite size broccoli florets, steamed (I do this in the microwave in a casserole dish with a little bit of water in the bottom, then drain)
6 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
Sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 of previous can of milk
1 1/2 cups shredded chedder
2 Tbls Yellow Curry Powder
1 tsp salt, or more to taste

When I make this, I usually just keep adding what looks good until I get the consistency that I like.
Add more milk to make thinner, more cheese to make cheesier and so forth and so on. : )

Pour sauce over chicken and broccoli and let bake till bubbly, or simmer on the stove in a large saucepan to let the flavors meld. Then serve over hot rice. I recommend storing the leftovers (my favorite!) separately from the rice.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: