Well today is one day after my due date. Now the countdown really begins. I wish I felt as hopefull as that sounds. It just seems like this baby will never come. Although since I have a track record of late babies (5 & 8 days late) I know this one will come. I have living and very noisy proof that the babies really do come into this world. In spite of the stress and struggle I find in caring for my kids these days, I think they really bale me out of complete and total boredom. Even though they are demanding, sometimes they just blow me away with their cuteness.
Yesterday they were pretending to be Mary and Joseph and going on a long journey. They referred to a map that Lucy had scribbled days before. Ellie was Mary and Lucy, Joseph. Somehow I doubt that the real Mary would have been bossing the real Joseph around as much as happened in this role play. Later, Lucy showed up with a blanket over her head and told me that she was baby Jesus' mama and that she had to push the baby out. Wow. I guess some parts of the Christmas story stuck with them this year!
So now, I'm just trying to keep my head above water and retain some sort of brain activity for the impending day of labor and delivery! I know it will come...and I will post about it here...
2 comments:
I can so sympathize with you Ari! I totally know what you are feeling. Bless you in these coming days of waiting. And may God's presence give you grace and strength to bring this sweet baby girl into the world. Bless you!
Oh, Ari, I can't IMAGINE how you're feeling. I had both of mine early (or on-time) and I think I would've been pounding on the doctor's door had I not. BUT, as you know, it'll be SO worth it in the end. I can't wait to see pictures and hear about your new little one! Good luck and you're in our thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment